Today is one of those days when the little woman and daughter are both working, and I am home alone with nothing important that I need to get done. Fired up da hoe, and just sort of piddled around with it. Removed some little dead trees, then smoothed out a small area that was kind of bumpy, all at a very relaxed pace. Really enjoyable. I guess some weirdos read a book or exercise for relaxation, but I find nothing more calming and relaxing than running my own machines on my own property. Do I need to seek mental help, or are there others like me?
NO MENTAL HELP,, BUT MAY NEED HELP WHEN THAT SUCKER BREAKS DOWN!! KEEP RELAXING AND ENJOY
Sounds great! I enjoy doing the same thing,use my 580k around my house like a lawn tractor.
Fully understand. I don’t like cutting the lawn but really enjoy mowing fields and the rows between trees. It is hours of relaxation. Plenty of time to think about projects or just watch the clouds. At dusk the swallows will dive bomb me and snag grass hoppers. Irrigating the fields and screening dirt is the same. Just enough to not be boring and not so much you really have to concentrate .
I'm with you but I struggle at times to find small chores to do without getting involved in some big project in the yard. Yesterday was nice, I didn't really have anything planned but a neighbor asked me to yank some bushes out at his church. So I greased the beast, and drove up the way. The bushes were within a few inches of the building so it tested my delicateness a bit but all was successful, then I took a tree stump from the yard and placed it in the pond for the turtles to climb and sun themselves. Then, just for fun, and to clean some mud off the bucket, I raised the bucket and dropped her in the pond a few times to make a splash. I tell ya, if I'm every having a bad day I don't know that I ever won't giggle and cheer up a bit at dropping a giant load of mud from about 17 feet high into the pond to watch it splash.
Well, this thread title fooled me.
Backhoes break down? I don't need to worry, mine is only 40 years old, and although the hour meter is disconnected, it can't have much over 20,000 hours or so on it.
Now that is a good hoe!
I think a lot of us men are like that. For me, getting on any tractor and only having to think about turning left, right, or keep going straight is very relaxing. Some people will never understand, what I, and others like me, call fun looks like work to other people. I love to look over a field I have just brush hogged or a road I just finished grading. It is very rewarding.
Been an operator for a living retired now,and still I look around my yard for something to dig up lol.
Been a wrench LONG time ago, worked when working on HE was less than desirable due to lack of tooling and helping hands. Still have a "Need" to do so but waning, still enjoying playing with my big Tonka Toys as most times just three of us out there: Me, Myself and I, so we work out the previous few weeks or bad weather wrinkles out. Not a BAD Mental Health issue, more a Correcting Mental Health condition.
Sounds like you are staying busy and trying to do something useful.
A few years ago I bought a Deere D110 lawn tractor. I really enjoy mowing the grass now to the point if the neighbor across the street gets behind, I cut his My big hobby iron takes too much work after 4 back surgeries