Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Relay Motor Corporation

stondad ยท 2012-01-14 19:44

I ran across an entry in a truck Encyclopedia years ago but havn't been able to find much more. The Duo-Drive 300A 6x4 was built in 1931 at their factory in Lima, Ohio. It had two straight 8 Lycoming engines side by side. Total of 275hp. If anyone has any information please let me know as I am obsessed with the look and innovative design. I hope there is at least one that has been restored somewhere. In my searches I also discovered the "Spangler" and the "Eisenhauer" , which both had twin engines and I would like to know more about them too but the "Relay" is the standout.

Replies4
  1. #1Markat4252012-01-18 20:55

    Send a message to Jeff, the moderator here: http://forums.aths.org/InstantForum2010/ATHS-Discussion-Forums/What-Am-I

  2. #2stondad2012-01-19 21:51

    Thank you! I will. I never had that group come up previously - they look pretty good.

  3. #3stondad2012-01-23 06:24

    Markat425. Thank you so much! If you are interested, please look up the thread I created at ATHS called "New Member with some questions" Jeff has come up with some good info and pics. If you see them, you will understand why I was so taken with the truck.

  4. #4Markat4252012-01-25 20:37

    Yup,, I saw it. I'm on there daily under a real name... It's a great place,, unbelievable what the knowledge base is there...