Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Warner & Swasey Hopto H-550

paulsoccodato · 2012-01-10 15:51

Here are some pictures of an old Hopto H-550. The machine has been sitting for years. The owner tells me with a little tlc, it should fire right up.

Replies11
  1. #1ddigger2012-01-11 20:45

    Very cool I have spent a good amount of time on hoptos both track and truck mounted, the old 900s were a beast for thier time.

  2. #2811PR17072014-02-09 22:33

    1.) Where located? 2.) How much $?

  3. #3JohnRLove2024-09-04 02:02

    I have one of these in Australia and a very good engine and it does start right up. I will try to get some photos to include here in a few weeks when I go back up to the farm John

  4. #4Deere500a2024-09-04 14:32
  5. #5Deere500a2024-09-04 14:35

    1982 Hopto 211 my dad was her only operator 18 years she worked and 20 years on his property quietly retired

  6. #6JaredV2024-09-04 21:14

    Is that extra axle a dolly for the hoe to ride on or is it a booster axle to take weight off the drivers?

  7. #7Deere500a2024-09-04 23:37

    Truck has boom cradle next to cab but 211 is to big to drive like the 550 bucket against the bumper. Purchase new company had to fab the trailer carry the boom weight .The upper has a couple valves unlock one puts the hydraulics in float & other unlocks the swing brake

  8. #8Deere500a2024-09-05 13:05
  9. #9spitzair2024-09-15 15:19

    That thing looks sweet! Does he still have it?

  10. #10Deere500a2024-09-17 12:54

    Pop's passed 3yrs ago the Hopto 211 was moved to neighbors property waiting for her end. I would have liked to drive it down to Santa Margarita antique ranch leave it for em to have but the executor I had no say. California air resources board,permit cost & modern excavator she is done.

  11. #11spitzair2024-09-18 18:00

    Sorry to hear of your dad’s passing. Shame someone didn’t want to save the old girl…