Hello, guys, first topic in here, please be kind. The background for question: I want to do a relays output with enhanced safety level (redundancy and EDM). For that, I plan to use two force-guided relays driven each by N-channel MOSFETs. However, I'm wondering if I can use only one MCU outputs to drive these two MOSFETs or if I should use one MCU output by MOSFET . Can I assume the MCU transistor output will never be shorted when used to drive MOSFET ? Or should I use two MCU outputs (one per MOSFET). Here is my schematics : Relay1 is the MCU output Relay_1_EDM is connected to MCU input and is used for External Device Monitoring START_STOP_COM and START_STOP are the relay output with enhanced safety level EDIT : This device is intended to be used on a crane. Currently, this crane works with a button box without any safety at all (except limit switches). It has a power line contactor driven by a start button with self-maintain and a stop button Each motor has its contactor. There is any E-stop, external monitoring on contactor or safety device12 http://www.kynix.com/Detail/109685/DEVICE12.html . Crane schematic can be viewed below : My work is to replace the button box by a radio remote. In order to have a safe communication between RF remote and station, the station MCU will send a heartbeat with nonce (autoincrement byte) and the remote MCU should reply to this heartbeat with the right nonce value within a timeout delay. In case of problem, the station MCU will stop the crane by acting on the power line contactor (On the schematic above, START_STOP will be connected to terminal 3 and START_STOP_COM to terminal 1 which is connected to P power line contactor coil). This is why I need this output with enhanced safety level. For now, I think the redundant force-guided relays output with EDM and, as proposed by Dan, driven with two charge pump (one for each relay) and two MCU outputs would be a good solution. I would also include the crane power line contactor monitoring into the EDM. Thank you all advice.
No replies yet.