We are running a linbelt ls98a and a 98lc in our marine construction business, we also have a American 599C with a morin tagmaster in it. it is a great unit for clam shell work. we would like to mount tagmaster in our 98's does anyone have any suggestion about how they have been mounted in the past before i try to reinvent the wheel. the spec sheet says they were an option though I've not seen one myself. I'm no kid but these cranes we run are as old as i am so any help is much appreciated. On a side note we run alot of equipment and i truly think these cranes built in the 60"s are the most dependable and lowest cost per hour to operate of any machine we own, we run them every day, pile driving, clam shell, dragline, on the barge they are the backbone of our operation. I'm new to this forum, heck new to all forums, so i appreciate your feed back
Don't know anything about mounting a tagmaster, but am with you on the well built older equipment. I'm in the daily rental game, so lattice crawlers are not my area, but I've moved several, and have a little seat time. They're so simple and hardy. We're too throwaway now, why would they build and sell you a crane that you could use forever? I get along with my late 70's hydros better than some very new stuff that I've run. Welcome to the forum, pictures are always welcome. Is the tagmaster something like this? it was on a sale a while back. Looks like they used the angle irons to clamp it to the boom. https://www.purplewave.com/auction/170720/item/DA1508
My dad's Koehring had one installed with something like the photo. The tag master was bolted to a plate that spanned across the bottom of the butt section of the boom just below the first pinned joint. There were some brackets bolted to the angle iron of the boom that held it all on. I don't think I have any photos showing that hookup but I'll check.
Hello: I know this is an old post but I am curious if anyone sells morin bx parts anymore... I worked on them years ago as we used it on clamshell rehandling bucket on a 7260 American crawler... Would love to hear from you.. Cheers from Louisiana; Mike