It's old and pretty well retired. When you absolutely positively got to heat and beat.
The party umbrella really brings the whole package together.
Love it!
Good little trucks.
Oldie but a goodie. What’s in the blue box? Welding or boosting connection ?
Jump start,,, its bi ,,, goes both ways.
It would be better with real brakes. I had painted it that no one thinks about how old it is. Was great for local work where it was really a gang box.
6 bolt lock rims? Not sure I've seen that on a chevy. Dad had a '73 with 5 bolt fronts and 10 bolt rears. I think that one was about 22K gvw.
Seen numerous with the six lug
I had another earlier one and it had 5x10. I noticed it was different too when I went to salvage something. This is so old it has Armstrong steering and drum front brakes. Add some fluid and it's driveable, actually runs well. Drive slow and the fuel economy is super. I built the compressor in. I been considering stripping it out, mount the comp on a skid and could get rid of it. Only reason it's still there is it could be pressed in to use if needed in short order.
I have 2 of those umbrellas there great on a hot sunny day. I had a 58 Chevy with 6 hole wheels i think they were heavyer than the 10 hole and would interchange with other trucks.
IIRC the military 2 tons were all six lug these axles could have been installed to utilize excess stock unused for mil spec trucks And as I remember, all the commercial build trucks we had on base in the 70s were six lug budd or Minn Mags
Ran across these as was looking for something else 6 lug Budd Style Still available Tubeless 22.5s 22.5x6.75 White Steel 6x8.75" (Replaces 20" Tube Type) – Buy Truck Wheels
I went thru that at some point. Irrelevant now. I doubt it will see the road at least from me. I need to strip the equipment, skid mound the comp with a tool box so I could put in a pickup or flat should I really need it. If it had disk fronts and power steering I might give it another spin.