Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Remote camera

steve waldner · 2020-06-24 00:25

So I bought the wireless cab cam , mounted the screen inside the cab , when I go lift I slap the camera on the boom and slide in a dewalt battery , can also mount on extension , man is it awesome , I’ll post a better picture , but u can always watch ball position , and see the load position when lifting blind , it’s a must , got like 300$ in it , plus u can they mount cameras around crane for stabilizer setup etc , but I run 2 screens , my stabilizer and winch is hard wired and the ball cam is wireless. I fabricated the mounts.

Replies11
  1. #1dirty4fun2020-06-24 05:41

    I have thought about a camera on my excavator, be nice to see that concrete you are trying to grab down in a hole. You can't see the bucket let alone those last few pieces of concrete.

  2. #2DB22020-06-24 05:57

    Like the battery idea. Saves running power up there.

  3. #3steve waldner2020-06-24 08:22

    Well the main idea is , it’s hard to run a wire down the main boom , need a reel ,etc...

  4. #4Tradesman2020-06-24 19:40

    Very nicely done.

  5. #5hosspuller2020-06-24 20:26

    Beware the time lag between the camera and display. I have a wireless camera to see the front loader mounts. You can judge for yourself by placing the camera next to the display and waving your hand in its view.

  6. #6crane operator2020-06-24 21:21

    Time lag PHFFTTT. I move so slow the camera is going to show what I did before I do it. Nice camera steve.

  7. #7steve waldner2020-06-24 23:42

    It’s instant , u did tanks they other day , swung over dead center lowered cable , started lifting , after lil boom flex , u can see the away drift , boom back a bit , etc ,... , wham ! strait up , it goes . Coolest part , I had no way to untie after lift , swung Over , lowered aux cable , made swing strap , tied helper with harness , strait up , unhooked , and the other side was out of my sight , saw ever move on the display , came down safely .

  8. #8cuttin edge2021-06-27 20:55

    Would those guys that do the sky scrapers have cameras? I forget the name of that building in Hong kong, where the crane was up in the clouds. As the building got higher, the crane would crawl up mounts welded to the building

  9. #9Natman2021-06-29 15:45

    The video transmission technology being used is what can account for any lag time. My modified wireless backup camera had a bit of a lag, sometimes noticeable, sometimes not. The higher dollar transmitters brag about this: "Amimon’s Video Modem solution utilizes both MIMO and OFDM technologies, combined with Joint Source Channel Coding (JSCC) capability to transmit Full-HD 1080p60 video resolution over a bandwidth of 40MHz or 20MHz. In fact, our latest 3rd generation baseband ICs allow for the delivery of 4K wireless video in amazing quality, while still keeping the zero latency (<1mS) capabilities." That's clear as mud!

  10. #10Randy882021-08-26 07:52

    Could you tell us more about your camera setup for those of us technology challenged people out there. What brand is it, where did you get it and is the monitor with it or did you get that separate? How long do the batteries last?

  11. #11steve waldner2021-08-28 22:24

    Wireless cab cam ,