Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Remote start box

Corby8867 · 2020-12-27 17:15

I’ve checked online for a used or new remote start for the john Deere skid steer when lifting cab, no work can be checked without having the remote start box. I can’t find one online, what do you guys do when you can’t check a machine over other then bring it in. Input is appreciated.

Replies13
  1. #1Txhayseed2020-12-28 22:27

    I get dicey. And do it the risky way. Not going to get into details. dont want to get sued. But you can do it

  2. #2Coaldust2020-12-28 22:40

    Oh' boy. Someone call Kenny Logins! Corby8867 is headed to the Danger Zone!

  3. #3Corby88672020-12-28 22:48

    Lol

  4. #4Corby88672020-12-28 22:49

    You can actually turn the key on, lock the boom and activate electronics without having to take off parking brake. Just need a step ladder. I did it today and I’m alive this time. I understand what yas are saying. I’m also told that box is not available

  5. #5Coaldust2020-12-28 23:02

    Is that part# JT0KV12444? That does appear to be unubtainium. Weird. Knowing this crew, someone will be along shortly to offer you a used one they have laying around. You could probably make a reasonable facsimile of a start box. I don't think there are any integrated circuits involved.

  6. #6Corby88672020-12-28 23:17

    My machine is a 2012. I asked Brandt what they do and guy said they borrowed one from another shop, since the change over to Brandt the guy said they’re slowly getting what they need. I myself said to him, what are your field techs doing when they’re in the field. He didn’t know, he was the service manager. I just don’t get it. If they’re not being sold anymore why are guys doing? And as for making one, you would need to have all the connectors for the items it works with. As well, there’s 4-5 spots on it that the key can perform different powered stuff. The manager did say they have been in contact with the mfg of the box and that they will be carrying them he thinks. I myself think that was bologna. If someone has the box, I may buy it off them. I think your correct and their isn’t much to them.

  7. #7Corby88672020-12-28 23:19

    Oh and yes that is the correct number, they also made a different one that had a potentiometer sort to speak that can control rpms of the engine. The only difference in part number was an “a” at the end of your number you entered above

  8. #8Coaldust2020-12-28 23:21

    This Covid thing has created a lot of supply chain issues. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

  9. #9lantraxco2020-12-29 00:47

    Looks like it's been an ongoing issue, I see search and quote requests going back five years.. either hard to get or way spendy, probably both.

  10. #10Zewnten2020-12-29 02:07

    Study your electrical schematics and you can order the necessary parts from deere to make your own and it's a lot cheaper than Deere's, I think its $300+ from deere but the parts are under $200 and as mentioned before do NOT start your machine with the cab up unless it is on jack stands.

  11. #11mike_01372026-03-21 11:23

    Sorry to resurrect this old thread. I'm looking for more information, a picture or a schematic of the remote starter box for the John Deere 240/250/260/270 skid steer. Any help out there? Thanks.

  12. #12mg23612026-03-22 18:22

    @mike_0137

  13. #13mike_01372026-03-22 19:23

    Thank you @mg2361