I recently bought a 07 287b track machine. And I went to offload it and I have no movement forward or reverse. On right side final it has a new small hose and a new feed hose. Parking brake light does turn off when pushed. Machine also when you pull back for reverse does sound the backup alarm.
I also found this large ground strap on back of cab window looks like it goes into wire harness. Not sure where it should bolt to.
It grounds cab to frame bolt it to closes lug
Ok so it goes to that bolt were that bracket is? Wonder why someone would unbolt that.
Ok ill look for that tommorow. Any insight on to as why machine won't track anywhere
If ecm doesn't have enough ground it can't send power to park brake solenoid aux probably won't work or two speed solenoid probably head lights or blower motor I'd guess
Headlights work. Blower motor works. I'll try putting on ground strap tommorow and see what happens
you may have lost the joy stick, my 289c ran fine parked it a few days later i went to use it and the hydraulic joystick did not work ended up replacing it
Did the machine drive on to whatever trailer was used to transport it.? For accurate service/technical information please post a Serial Number.
Mine is pilot controlled I believe. A cat guy is telling me possible brake solenoid. The story I got from kid is not accurate. He told me he blew a line on the right final. Witch I see he repaired 1 small line and 1 big line. He said he put a hose repair kit on. To get onto trailer.
Then I'm powerwashing machine last night. I found thst ground strap not hooked up. And under machine a small skid plate not installed. I'm going to drain down hydro tank. It'd not even on the sight glass.
That disconnected ground strap indicates that someone had the cab up for some reason, maybe to replace the busted hose(s).? Here's how the pilot system operates.
Well I re-attachex the ground strap but the cab goes up and down just fine with the ground strap hooked up.
Yes that’s normal. It’s at the back of the cab so it just flexes when the cab is raised. Years ago my 287 would stop moving from time to time when I hit a bump. Turned out to be that ground strap not making a good connection and losing continuity to ground. Took it off and cleaned it . Had no more problems.
Did you attach yours at the top bracket of thr hydro tank.
I think there is a welded boss on the frame right above the tank. It will work either way as long as you clean the paint off all contact points. With that strap off the cab has to ground through the hinge pins which can be very intermittent.
Ya since I did thst. I still have no movement
If there are no warning lights on when you go to move you will have to check the park brake valve next I think. Does the loader control work?
The bucket works fine.
Did you ever get it operating or find out what the issue was?
I had sent it up to a cat guy I used to work with. He diagnosed it for me.saying it needs a drive pump rebuild. So this weekend I'll be pulling and sending it out. I have a question I know the drive pump is bolted to back of engine. Then there is a medium size pump in middle and them a small pump on the end. What are those?
I would try second opinion on diagnosing hydrostatic drives!!! Don’t know how knowledgeable that CAT guy, but I noticed that not a lot of even good mechanics understand hydrostatics! It is absolutely crucial to isolate the pump from the motor while testing, but have to start with charge pressure testing. If machine is pilot operated- start with pilot pressure ( which often share pump with the charge).
Bom Dia. Tenho um Caterpilla 287b tem vezes que ele anda normalmente e do nada o parque acende e não perde mais nenhum movimento joinstik alguém pode me ajudar?
Good Morning. I have a Caterpilla 287b there are times when it walks normally and out of nowhere the park lights up and doesn't lose any more joinstik movements can anyone help me?
When the park brake indicator lights up suddenly does the other indicator to the left of it (circled) light up at the same time.? Can you post the machine Serial Number please. It is likely that some electrical testing will be required and to identify the correct electrical schematic will require the S/N.
this is the serial number
Thank you for that. What about the other warning light I mentioned.? Does it come on at the same time as the one for the parking brake.?
A flat battery can do this. It does to mine because my alternator failed and I rely on battery charging temporarily, When voltage gets too low park brake cones on and functions stop.
I had this on my 287b, Kept popping up on and off. Turned out my ecm computer had fried circuit.