D5N xl AGGO1698......trying to remove the pin on the c frame dog bone...pin seems loose and drawings don't show any thing holding it after the top retainer is removed but it will not drive out from the top...I can feel the bottom of the pin flush with the housing. Am I missing a retainer somewhere. schematic attached. It is pin 9 on area A
See if the attachment gives you any ideas. It looks like there might be a bit of a trick to getting that pin out. Also the blade could need some back & forth movement to take the weight off the dog bone.
Already taken the blade off the machine and have been rebuilding the hydraulic cylinders and all the ball joints. I went ahead and removed that housing that has the four bolts that holds the dogbone. got it out now where I can whale on it with a ten pounder and it is tough. Moved it about 3/4 inch after pounding for an hour. Had to take a break. Thanks for all those files, Nige!
Could it be holding up in the spherical bearing on the rear end of the dog bone.? Gas axe required maybe.
believe the pin has to come out the top push from the bottom it is a press fit could be wrong
It goes in from the top. Logic suggests that it should come out that way also.
got it out, took the four bolts out from the housing and removed the whole thing so I could flip it upsidedown and drive from the bottom. Thanks for all the advice!
What was holding it, the spherical bearing in the dog bone.?
yes, spherical bearing was holding it....and the spacers....would have actually come out either way...top or bottom...only thing holding it is the retainer on the top!
Lots of anti-seize when you reassemble it then….