Ever since I got this dozer the transmission pressure reads low.it is in the green on the gauge but on the low side It will go up about 15 pounds if you spin the motor high. Should I be concerned or is there a screw I can adjust to bump it up a little bit? Just thinking a couple extra psi should help ensure the clutches clamp good, but don't want to start leaks lol
If my memory is correct, that is actually converter or cooler in pressure, or something like that. Those old 550"s transmission pressure was somewhere around 100 psi in neutral and 255 psi in forward or reverse. Well outside of the range of your gauge. Maybe @Diesel Dave memory is better than mine.
I was taught "Green mean go!" If its in the green........you go to work.
Not too bad mg2361 550 straight , Converter out pressure in range spec 60-110 psi
Me too; to a degree. However I'm a "trending" type individual which means not always knowing what is wrong, just what has changed as an indicator. I kinda scan gauges routinely and take note of changes as they happen as many times this precludes failure. Counterproductive to the "Git R Done" attitude with equipment, but mine is old and takes care to keep it alive.
Old gauge could be sticking. Might be good to check with an external gauge. The temp. gauge on my 1965 tractor sticks and doesn't drop down all the way. Sometimes just lightly tapping it gets it to drop down.
Thanks everybody, I will keep pushing with old betty. She has new sprockets too so she is ready for many more dances
One thing you might want to do is remove the rock guards if you're not working in a lot of rocks. They cause material to pack in the rollers and increase wear.