Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

removing engine john deere 450 dozer

Hubby · 2024-10-21 23:24

What is the trick in removing the lower engine to transmission bolts ?

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612024-10-22 04:58

    A really long extension. I have a 1/2 inch drive 36 inch extension. Works well for your application.

  2. #2Hubby2024-10-22 19:13

    thanks mg2361

  3. #3Mcrafty12024-10-23 06:32

    I gotta ask, and I'm not meaning to hijack the thread....How much torque can you get on a 3 foot long 1/2 in drive extension? I mean like when putting the bell housing bolts back in? Just curious, I've used much shorter and they seemed to twist up like a spring.

  4. #4mg23612024-10-23 11:49

    The lower bolts are torqued to 170 lbft. The extension has no issue tightening them to that spec.

  5. #5Mcrafty12024-10-23 14:59

    I was thinking torsion bar like the ones Mopar used for front springs I guess, they had much flex to them. Thanks for bringing me around.