Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Removing pattern changer valve

cjmc · 2020-11-19 17:07

Hi all, Doing a bit of a rebuild on my hitachi ex60-3 at the minute. While I have it stripped down I’m going to replace the majority of the hard to get to hydraulic hoses, namely the pilot hoses under the cab and up to the joysticks. My digger has a pattern control changer valve behind the cab, beside the batteries. It has 16 hoses going to it. As the control pattern will never be changed, I am looking to do away with this valve and the associated 16 hoses that are attached to it. I am just wondering is there any reason why I shouldn’t do away with the valve? I presume it’s just a diverter valve with no other function? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2020-11-20 03:46

    Good day There is no reason at all to keep it if you do not use it I'm sure there is a buyer interested to take it from you. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2cjmc2020-11-20 04:23

    Thanks for the reply. That’ll save the expense and trouble of replacing 8 hoses unnecessarily.