Kid was mowing with our John Deere 3010- must've hit a stump or something, but he sheared the stub shaft off and ruined the end of the main PTO shaft. I'm looking to pull/replace the PTO shaft, but after unbolting it's housing and removing a snap ring, I cannot pull the shaft. Will pulling the PTO shaft require splitting the tractor? Thanks. Here is a parts diagram: http://ytforums.ytmag.com/photos/9516.jpg
Which shaft, lol there are 2 of them but I am almost positive you need to split the clutch housing off of the trans housing and it comes out the front. I don't know exactly how much is different between the 10 series and the late 20 series but you may have to pull the rock shaft cover as well. If no one else replies I will look at the book and try to scan the pages for you. I have to go down tomorrow and look at a friends disc mower that has a crack in the bar and he has a book for those tractors. Btw can you get the stub shaft out that has the gear on the end? Most of them take a little work to get out because usually the 540 shaft doesn't ever come out or is that the shaft with the snap ring you are talking about? Just thought about something. Does your tractor have the mid mount pto? It it does you may be able to remove the four bolts from the housing around that shaft that holds the bearing and seal and give a good pull it may come out that way Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Not sure if you can see the link I posted, but I'm trying to remove shaft #16. I've removed the bolts on the housing #22 and took the snap ring #11 out, but the housing and PTO shaft will not slide out at all. Thanks.
What is your ser# I will look it up on the computer and see what I can come up with Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk