Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

removing/replacing bearing chain cover Case 1835c

got2dv8 · 2016-06-20 19:32

I need to replace a damaged bearing in the chain/sprocket cover. Just wondering how to get it out without damaging the swivel bushing. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Jeepwalker2016-06-20 23:46

    I haven't done this job so I can't really see what you've got there, but why not just take it to a machine shop or bearing place, they should be able to remove and re-install a new bearing very quickly and easily for not a whole lot of money. Otherwise, there are lots of tricks if you just search Bearing removal, or bearing race removal on Youtube. Good luck!

  2. #2kshansen2016-06-21 12:49

    Is that "swivel bushing" one of those that the center is like a hole through a ball? If it is I would try rotating it 90º so hole is facing right and left then take a piece of hard wood dowel or old hammer handle to drive against the center ball and see if it moves. In the picture it looks like there is a seal on the inside, might need to remove that first to see if there is a snap ring or retainer of some kind holding the bearings and bushings in the housing. I tried looking online but the picture I found was not 100% clear on what there is in side that housing: http://www.colemanequip.com/Case-1835C-Uniloaders-Skid-Steer-Loaders-Parts/Power-Train-4X/AXLES-AND-DRIVE-CHAINS-PIN-JAF0037911-AND-AFTER-0rUv/?#partdiagrams

  3. #3got2dv82016-07-01 19:10

    I ended up using my blind hole puller to get out the thrust washer (which was stuck on the end), the keeper (just a washer, there's one on each side of the bearing) then the roller cage and bearing sleeve. The last keeper washer I got out by rotating the swivel bushing ball. Already ordered an nos bearing from eBay. Here's the number(s): Torr(ington) HJ-162416 MS-51961-9