Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

removing swing gear box

225 ยท 2011-01-01 18:30

I also posted this in the shop section,than I read it says post in the section for the equipment of interest. I have a 225 Cat with swing box with the lower bearing out,I purchased it this way as needing repaired. They said they could not get the gear box out of the machine. I am getting ready to give it a try,has anyone else done one of these. It appears they have all the bolts out. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1old digga2011-01-02 22:25

    grab a long heavy chain tie it off on the boom some where. usualy on the lift point run it over the counter weight back up underneath &tie off on the chassi rail under the engine after removing the bucket to get the slew motor+planitary out grab a gantry+chain block giv the chain some tension then giggle the chain if its still tight move the boom side to side@ the hitch if it neens a bump with a 14pounder go for it if that still wont work grab the gas axe and heat with tension while giving it a bump or two dont be to woried about the heat if the bairing is shot so is the seal

  2. #2Cat_man3202012-11-20 21:39

    I believe there may be two dowels on the same circumference as the row of bolts . there should be two threaded holes near the dowels . Screw two bolts down there to put some lifting power on the gear box . with a bit of heat to unsieze the dowels , it should lift out .