Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

RemovingFinal Drive Bolts

RogerW ยท 2022-01-29 23:48

Hi, I have a OLD Kato HD1220 & all teeth are mashed...so have finally got a replacement....Looking at mine, I cant get to some of Bolts to remove....Will I have to split it up..see attached pic, as its OLD.. Any suggestions would be very helpful.. Cheers Roger

Replies4
  1. #1_Weldman_2022-01-30 00:10

    What do you mean they won't move, are you talking about stripped off and just spinning with a hex key inside the bolt? If so I would stick a bolt in the hex slot, weld it on and unbolt it that way. Have something that isn't stripped off and heating the bolt at same time.

  2. #2Orlando2022-01-30 00:45

    If you have a replacement final drive just pull the whole final drive out as one and replace that way, we did both final drives on our Kato HD 800 a few years back.

  3. #3RogerW2022-01-30 01:10

    I never said anything about they wont move....What I asked is.....how do you get to the Bolts behind the pump...( see pic ) to remove them...will a spanner fit into that space..??...or do I need to take part of it off to get to those 5-7 Bolts..??

  4. #4Bluox2022-01-30 03:39

    Thats not a pump it's a motor. Pull the 4 bolts that hold the motor on and remove motor. Bob