Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rental Rates down

DPete ยท 2010-02-22 11:08

Two years ago a Cat 815 compactor rented here for $9K per month, got a quote from a well known rental co. for a job I'm bidding and the rent is down to $5400. That will give you some idea how things are here in Calif.

Replies4
  1. #1Dwan Hall2010-02-22 11:14

    Could that be a seasonal rate? Here in winter a 544 Deere rents for 1/2 of what it does during the summer. ($2100.00/mo : $4200.00/mo)

  2. #2DPete2010-02-22 11:36

    It's so dead here it's anything for a dollar. Contractors in competition for rock bottom dirt, and paving. I see where the term "Dirt Cheap" came from

  3. #3Speedpup2010-02-22 18:15

    Rented a 120,000 dollar JLG lift 2 years old for 50 per day National Rental companies were all coming and saying we will beat any price. I told them all I'll put you all in a room ti;; it's 5 bucks per day. Things are sad in NY too. I think this year will be even worse than last year. Old money projects have been done and npt much more being readied. Architectural firms here have cut staff in half from a year or two ago and still some are now 3 gays a week. These are large well known firms.

  4. #4Dualie2010-02-24 00:44

    same here in nor-cal. rental rates are depressed and the yards are all full. they been blowing equipment off at the auctions but with the prices they been bringing they might as well let them sit in their yards