An Aussie made Kanga. While I was impressed with the capabilities of such a small machine, it left me feeling like I'd gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.... Today, I'm walking like an old man and everything hurts (Of course, it's completely possible I've just gone soft from sitting in a crane for too long!) Any other stories of machines beating the snot out of you guys?
the older equipment gives you a workout, all mine are levers and pedals, unlike some of the newer stuff that just has a hand held joystick and lots of electronics as a buffer..lol
Kiwi that Kanga might've beat the hell outa'ya but I bet it beat a shovel for how much work you did. A D5G spreading rock fill without enough fines to cover the lift will shake your kidneys straight out of your backside. Or a 953 loading chert in a pit, you'll feel that at the end of the day.
It was a magic little machine. Cleared an old fence and strip footing that was littered with stumps from a red robin hedge, then hooked up the auger and drilled 20 new post holes for a new boundary fence. Admittedly it struggled a bit with some of the stumps, but a few passes to get under them and we got there. Today though, my hands ache from holding on to the grab handles, my shoulders and back are killing me, and I've got massive bruises on my thighs from where the stuff in my pockets was repeatedly knocking against the sides of the operator station. I can see where an older machine with manual controls could be fun, I've been somewhat spoiled with the machines I've operated and and am currently on a 2015 Grove all terrain. Never operated a dozer but spent a little time in excavators which can be a little uncomfortable on firm ground.