Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Renting equipment for irrigation job

Beel ยท 2010-08-29 13:48

Was helping a fellow farmer buddy out and wanted to rent a small excavator and dozer from United Rentals, Sunbelt, or other. My questions is service! When the machine goes down how good are they about getting me back up within the same day? If its a serious issue, how good are they about replacing the machine to keep me going? Do rental agreements usually allow credits for long periods of downtime on their rented equipment? Are they quick to point the finger? I know I have not developed a relationship at this point, but schedule is important for this particular job. One other thing, since I am not a contractor with General Liability, do the rental outfits provide insurance at a premium for damage or theft/vandalism? I am working in rural Miami. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!:usa

Replies1
  1. #1DanRooks2010-09-05 14:32

    Use of Rental Equipment This is not exactly what you asked about but a ROUGH guide line is that if you use a machine less than 500 hours a year, RENT IT. The average age of rental excavators is 58 months. To learn more, see http://www.rouseservices.com/RentalReport/Rouse Construction Rental Report - August 2010.pdf