Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Repacking 955k cylinder

Knhill ยท 2015-02-07 19:24

I was just wondering what is the average price to have someone repack a bucket tilt cylinder on a 955k. I'm here in missouri and would just like an idea on a price before I start calling around so I know if I am getting a good deal or not. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1AllDodge2015-02-09 08:49

    I would look at $200 a cylinder and you bring it to their shop

  2. #2mopar652015-02-09 19:00

    i think i live pretty close to you. i live in laquey mo which is about 9 miles from richland mo. I would help you do yours,but i am out with a bad back. i did the lift cylinders on my cat 941. I talked to a friend of mine from work that works on tractors, dozers etc on the side and he said if you bring him the cylinder and the rebuild kit he would do it for around 100 dollars. I bought my cat 941 off of him. pm me if you would like his number to talk to him. thanks Mopar65

  3. #3houser2015-02-09 19:50

    I paid $150 per cylinder but took the rods or stems out at my place. It was not too difficult, only took several hours. I used another loader with 2 1/2" straps to form slings. Others have done it differently. However, the stems way about 80lbs each.

  4. #4Knhill2015-02-14 19:54

    Thanks for the info. I found a place pretty close to me that will do it for 180 per cylinder and a friend with a boom truck is going to take it in for me. Now just need the time and some decent weather to do it.