Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

125c moves erratically in forward

grvlpt ยท 2015-02-08 18:34

One time it will push over a 14"oak with a single pass and the next minuite it will barely move forward. Cannot believe its clutches if it has that kind of power sometimes. Reverse seems to be normal in all 3 ranges. Any clues out there? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1DMiller2015-02-09 07:59

    Sounds like losing shift control oil, bad seals making and losing contact, maybe a bad clutch pack seal ring but doubtful.

  2. #2grvlpt2015-02-09 08:48

    Pilot control valve? When I put the control valve into a forward position, I can feel a slight clunk in the transmission.

  3. #3DMiller2015-02-10 10:37

    I would start there as relatively easy to pull and check seals/for debris, move to checking trans pressures when shift into gear and when it acts up.

  4. #4grvlpt2015-02-10 14:23

    its acting up almost always now and moves forward with any force very little, also, if moving forward and steering engaged, it stops.

  5. #5chain gang2018-03-26 12:08

    Did you find the problem ?