Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Repacking the loader lift cylinder on my Ford New Holland 575E

NH575E ยท 2025-03-11 22:58

Just completed repacking the loader lift cylinder on my Ford New Holland 575e. I recorded a few clips from the operation and made a video. Watch if you are interested and have 23 minutes to waste. I am a DIYER so use any methods shown at your own risk. This is not a professional production. And before anyone comments I did clean the face of the rod end and inside the piston prior to assembly. I noticed they were dirty in the video but I did a lot of the operation off camera.

Replies6
  1. #1nova4812025-03-12 07:32

    Great video, Thank you

  2. #2Swetz2025-03-12 09:43

    Awesome, Thank you!! Just a note to others...This procedure is common to all the E-series New Holland backhoes. Note that cylinders may be slightly different but process is the same.

  3. #3rumblecloud2025-03-12 10:54

    bookmarked on YouTube for later. Thank you!

  4. #4NH575E2025-03-12 10:57

    One thing I have decided from the last couple of cylinders I've repacked. I will not fight with another gland nut. I will go straight to some sort of hydraulic power to get them loose. On my crowd cylinder I used the loader on my John Deere to push on the pull handle. That was after busting a gut and trying to get it loose with a cheater pipe. As soon as I got everything strapped in place the hydraulic power of the loader just loosened it right up. Same with this one. I didn't spend a lot of time with it but I tried three different methods to loosen it and ultimately used the power of the machine's hydraulics to get it loose. And if I have to I will do the same for the piston bolt since they can also be a challenge to get loose. I think I will also take the next one apart and try to measure and order just the seals I need from O-rings and more.

  5. #5cosmaar12025-03-12 13:07

    Funny that you did this. I was out last weekend and noticed the right side lift cylinder was leaking

  6. #6NH575E2025-03-12 16:35

    I ordered seals for the right one too but I didn't feel like tearing it down right now and it isn't leaking yet. It should be easier than the left side since it doesn't have the safety prop to deal with. I figure the gland will be easier to loosen also since the wrench and pull handle can be strapped on and tied off to the axle to perform the loosening operation.