Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Repair of transfer drive os old Adams modle 512 Grader.

Mountainlion ยท 2010-12-16 10:33

The grader set at the bottom of my hill for years because the oil level of the transfer drive ran out of oil and burned up the bearings. I got new bearings and I am trying to figure out how to set the preload on the bearings to put the beast back together. The transfer drive is the part that transfers power form the clutch down about 3' to the transmission. There are a series of four gears that transfer the power. I have new bearings and figure that I have to put the end caps on without shims and check the clearance and shim up a couple thousandths short and put some RTV before I tighten it up to seal so the oil can't leak out. I don't have a clue as to how much space the sealer will take up. Comments?

Replies0

No replies yet.