Does anybody know if Volvo ever made a factory snow wing for the g900 series? I have a G946 and my salesman said he had a snow wing laying out back that came off a Volvo grader but didn't know where it came from or what model it came off. No one seemed to know anything about it. So we thought we would be in for some serious modifications to make it work and as it turned out we got it home and it bolted right up with no modifications! The only problem I have is one of the 4 braces seems to have no place to bolt. I tried to find the manufacture by looking at wings online and I have contacted Craig and WBM and emailed pics but they said not there machine and the rep from WBM thought it was a factory Volvo wing. No markings on this thing at all.
I don't know about Volvo but I've had a few Champions and they have all had Falls wings on them.
I know they make a blade for the front, weather its a snow plow I'm not sure. Not much need for those in Africa
pics here would also help
Volvo does (or did) make two snow wings. A high bank and a low bank, both hydraulic. I don't know anything about them, as my Volvo's have either Craig or WBM wings, but they do show the Volvo wings in the parts book. They both appear to have 4 braces but have no illustration for the braces. I don't understand how a why a low bank wing would have 4 braces though.
the high bank volvo wings had 4 braces,2 on the front tower ,2on the back tower.On the front one the brace bolts under the cab on the main .the other bolts from the tower to the middle middle of the frame on the outside just under the 2 back service doors. The rear has a brace that crossses in front of the rad from the top of the top of tower to to the bottom of bolting point.The last one the bolts from the top of the rear tower to the outside of frame just under the service doors . hope not to confusing i"ll try to dig up pics , go to my posts on len740
Thanks for the info. I did find out that it is a Volvo made snow wing. The reason it was so confusing is because Volvo didn't make one for the G900 series but the one I got bolted right on to my 09 G946. I had a "mystery bracket" that confused me for the longest time but what we figured out is that "mystery bracket" is for putting the mast on a 700 series. The previous owner either had a bracket made to work with the 900 series or Volvo made a bracket to adapt it. Either way it was super lucky for me because I got the wing for a bargain and it fit my grader like a glove! So far works like a charm. It's going out to the oilfield next week to clear roads and oil sites. Now I need some tire chains. Any suggestions?
Well, go buy yourself some side chain and hooks, cross chain and hooks..a pair of chain plyers and build your own chains. I built my own chains for years. I would build them with a cross chain in every second side chain link. Heavier than hell but worked good. Or you can buy chains already made.