Ok so I just rebuilt the upper end of my 3204 and had to replace the large cast exhaust piece that attaches to the turbo(hot side) and to the flex pipe that goes into the muffler. There is a brushing of sort that fits into the turbo and into this cast exhaust piece. What are the rings called on that bushing? Any parts numbers for them. They seem to be some sort of seal. I had to replace the turbo as well as the housing crumbled when I removed the cast exhaust piece. This is a 1986 cat 953 20z00602
Thank you kind sir!
Cmark, do I want to understand your signature line? On edit: Nevermind. Google and the spacebar are my friends
Sorry about that. I'll change it.
That's okay, I could read it at the start, I just had no idea *** I was reading....
Thanks guys for this post. My 953Z #20z00654 has a rust hole in the exact same place. Hopefully my turbo wont crumble LOL. Not as big though so I may try some high temp epoxy??? What is the number for the cast piece should I have to replace. I'm sure I will at some point. Thanks