Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replace drive sprockets??

Kevin Cohrs ยท 2021-01-14 13:17

Installing new tracks on our Bobcat T770 machine. Wondering if it would also be a good idea to replace the sprockets at the same time? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Tones2021-01-14 18:59

    You'll notice only one side of the teeth are worn so swap them from side to side and go again. Others may have a different idea but in a throw away society I would run them to destruction without compromising reliability.

  2. #2ilovetracks2021-02-03 23:03

    Here's the problem, a worn sprocket has a hook if you will so as the track bars come off the teeth the teeth want to keep taking the track with it instead of letting go. If you keep using them I'd cut tips off to allow track to come off sprocket properly and match angle of new. As they get worse dealer has said they see them rip bars from new tracks and then to save 500 dollar sprocket throw away 1100-2200 dollar track. They convinced me and I replaced my sprockets and I'm cheap.

  3. #3ilovetracks2021-02-03 23:04

    Or put a few weld beads on each worn tooth to make like new