Installing new tracks on our Bobcat T770 machine. Wondering if it would also be a good idea to replace the sprockets at the same time? Thanks
They definitely look worn a bit. Is this the first time changing tracks?
Yes. You should always replace your sprockets when you replace tracks on a CTL. Think of this way - you're installing new tracks with "pins and bushings" for lack of a better definition onto wore sprockets. The worn sprockets will accelerate the wear on the new tracks as there is more movement between the new tracks "P&B's" and the worn sprockets.
This is true for motorcycles too...if you replace the chain and leave the drive or driven sprocket with worn teeth it will wear out the new chain very fast.
I didn't replace my sprockets on a Takeuchi tl140. They didn't look worn at all. Yours however is visibly worn.
Did you read my reply when you asked this question earlier?
I changed a set of Sprockets on a Bobcat T190 and they were worn right out with 700 HRS only. Changed the tracks on a Volvo MCT 135 that only the Tracks were junk and sprockets looked 90 %. Sometimes you do whatever the customer is paying For
Yes, or if you want to wear those on out, swap them side to side. You're always pushing forward so one side of the teeth wear more than the other.
This dude has posted the same question twice now and hasn't replied to either. I give up.
On the other hand I've had a few bikes and sport quads that would destroy chains no matter what you did. Put all new on and go ride and the chain would nearly be dragging till you'd get home
Well... that’s just initial chain stretch
It pays to buy better chain for bikes. Unless you're an pro on a 125, you won't notice any difference running an O-ring or X-ring chain. They will last the longest and not require as much adjusting.
Thats what I learn after I bought about 50 chains the cheapest oring chain seem to way out last the best non oring by far