Hi We are looking for a replacementy for our 970f its duty is to load concentrate inside a building where its very tight and we have a 966g that we have tried but its long, its workable but not like the F! We tried a new Volvo L150 but the boom was too short and its to big for in there with a 40 yard tractor trailer. Ok guys and gals let see your input I will try to get pictures of the loading area and post them soon. I tried to talk my boss into a used low hour 970 but he wants new! Thanks
what a bout a 950 size machine that should do it right not that good with garbage loading
The sides of our trailers are 10'8 and we need a loader that can handle the weight of the concentrate it is 10 thousand for a five yard bucket. The 970 will bearly lift a bucket of lead concentrate. Like I said I will post pictures of the Concentrate load out with the truck and loader action pictures. I was last night but I had to run a brand new Volvo 360 with 100 hours on it.
We've had very good luck with 950F and 950F series II machines, whether or not its stout/tall enough for your application if the 970F was struggling.....Komatsu WA400ish? Maybe. I like the Komatsu wheel loaders, myself.
Our 970F was so dependable, if only you could rebuild the 970F for a lot less cost then a new loader. Also a lot less electronics to deal with. I am an equipment maintenace superintendent at a coal mine and with our large mining fleet, electronics kills our availability of our equipment. The 970F is solid loader and very dependable. Look at a major rebuild, at least price it out. I can't say enough about up time and availabilty of the 970F keep it. Rent a loader while the 970F is rebuilt or buy a low houred 970F. If your existing loader has been maintained good and you know what the condition of the components are will also help you make the correct decision.
I would try a 450 Komatsu one great machine
Well, a L180 has the same dimmensions as the L150. Only beafed up loader and weight. Have you asked the Volvo dealer for the timber attachements on the 150? It is possible to attach timber weights, waterfilled tires and get more power out of it. Volvo dosen't like it, but some dealer do it anyway. And the timber versions have those gadgets anyway. I'll say its difficult to find a loader in that weight/size, thats so strong. Bet you'll end up with something special made, with gadgets to get the strength in a small machine.
Another thought. Look at the dealerships in your area. Which dealership/brand can support what ever loader you choose. Dealer support is a big factor. That is always a top priority what ever brand you get. Seems like Komatsu always has to get part out of Tennessee, that is the case out West. My Volvo dealer in Central California always had to order in most parts for our single Volvo loader at the quarry, Cat dealership in Montana, we've asked them to stock specific parts to support our equipment better.
970 f We have a CAT and Volvo dealers here but I am on an Island and all our parts are either air or barge, We have a warehouse that stocks most critial spares. My boss said no to Komatsu for the same reason part! I think that we are going to have to have a custom built special for our application or get smaller trucks.
Is N.C Machinery the CAT dealer there in Olympic? Butler Machinery has been doing our most recent major rebuilds. Once they're thru with the rebuilds, the operators think the cabs are brand new and the machines are very reliable. We're still rebuilding our WA500 in house and parts have been a big deal! Dealer is Modern Machinery.
I'd give Kawasaki a try, I see there's a dealer in Tacoma. The company I used to work for had 4 of them and we loved them. The 90 looks like it would be comparable to the 970 with what info I've been able to find.
I only live on the Pennsulia I work at a mine in Alaska, The Cat dealer in Juneau is just a catalog store When we need parts its easier to order from Seattle and have them put them on the barge. Just cut out the middle man! We have been thinking about rethinking our haulage fleet it older and the cost per hour has gone too high, The thinkers have been thinking Volvo A30's with a lid system cost per hour to run is $28.00 against the 75.00 to 100.00 per hour on our Western Stars and Aspen trailers. We can rethink our whole loader problem..
We are also looking at 40T Volvo trucks for our top soil work at the mine. 4 of them with a Hitachi EX1200 Excavator and a D7 sized dozer for this new spread of equipment. We are budgeting for $56.83 an hour for Volvo trucks for our 2011 Budget. $2.78/gal - Fuel, Fuel consumpution at 11 gal/hr. Parts @ $5.50/hr. Good luck on the loader decision
No value in this post, just trying to get my numbers up so I can start a new thread.
Interesting question, please send pictures if you have some. What's a "lid system" look like on an A30? As MKTEF said, add'l counterweight is available for special jobs like log or blockloading. If you're dealing with Clyde/West in Seattle (or CMI in Alaska) they should know all about it. The L150F has a long boom available, for nearly 2' more dumpheight. It may be a special order of course. Same available on the L110/L120F's if you need tighter dimensions.