Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Emission standard of Canada

Yutong ยท 2010-05-19 22:48

Hi, Everybody I have a customer from Canada asked for a quotation of wheel loaders. But I don't know what the emission standard of engine in Canada. Does anyone knows that and tell me? So I can quote with the right configuration? I have tried to google it, but it is kind of hard for me to sort it out. Thanks a lot.

Replies2
  1. #1tripper_1742010-05-19 23:09

    http://www.ec.gc.ca/CEPARegistry/regulations/ Good luck!

  2. #2oldseabee2010-05-20 06:22

    Do you manufacture your own engines or get them from an engine OEM? If the engine is already supplied to Canada in another brand machine it will have certification from Canada, then you order your engines for export to Canada built to Canadian specs. If this engine manufacturer has never supplied an engine to a Canadian customer, you will have to have it meet specs and be certified by the Canadian Government. I don't know how that process works but I bet it is complicated.