Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

replacement for my 773

ESDE ยท 2021-02-19 20:38

Hello, after plowing these last few rounds of snow, I'm realizing that it's probably about time to retire my 773. It's a 97, I've had it for the last 16 years and it's just too loose and beat to be anything other than a beater. I've gotten very comfortable with this size and power machine, and even though working on Bobcats is a PITA I've somehow gotten used to it. I'm looking around and low hour machines from around 2010 seem to fall in my price range. What model would be the newer equivalent of the 773? S185? S205? What would people that have used or worked on these recommend? Or what would you say I should avoid?

Replies1
  1. #1phil3142021-02-20 09:23

    If you're set on bobcat, then S185 & S250 are the most common models, around here at least. So should be able to find a decent one at a reasonable price. Probably not a whole lot different if you are used to a 773. For a little newer (and a little more $$), then either a S590 or S650. I had an 1845c (60hp, 1750 roc) for a long time. Then bought a 2013 S650 (74hp, 2690 roc, no emissions). I don't regret going a size larger for a single minute. The extra weight & roc, plus 2 speed, all make plowing snow much easier.