Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacement grease line (yanmar vio55)

John V ยท 2025-04-29 20:46

Hey, does anyone have experience replacing the grease lines that feed the swivel bearing or pinion bearing? I know I could order the yanmar part, but I'm sure it will cost an arm and a leg. The fitting and line look like this: The plastic line has a kinda flared end, and the fitting has your standard 1/8 npt threads. Just wondering what generic product out there would fit the bill. Thanks, John

Replies4
  1. #1sewer bill2025-04-29 20:58

    I use 1/4" push to connect air lines and fittings to remote grease slew rings and pillow blocks and water swivels on jet trucks. They'll blow the tube if the grease passage gets blocked but air line is dirt cheap and easy to replace. If you want a more permanent thing 1/8" npt hydraulic hoses are kind of cheap too.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-04-30 07:51

    Just by the flexible grease gun lines, that are sold wherever tubes of grease are. They hold high pressure and are very durable.

  3. #3laidback012025-04-30 10:29

    everyone here has good ideas. I redid all the control lines on my bucket truck, and it used a product called Nylaflow which is great for stout stuff for pretty good pressure It's a Nylon line designed to be flexible and carry hydraulic oil. It can be immersed in oil with no issue too. comes in a wide variety of diameters too. So that's the 4th potential product. Between all the suggestions, you should be fine!

  4. #4John V2025-04-30 10:39

    Brilliant. I like that any hardware store carries that too.