Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacement Pneumatic Cylinders

LN Pipeline · 2026-02-20 21:21

Does anyone have a source for these cylinders? Replacements are available from DPI, but they are the same non-rebuildable ones that I have, and cost is about $380 each. These are the cylinders that raise and lower the “D” sign on just about every Canadian winch truck. I would like to replace with a rebuildable cylinder, if there is such a thing that will fit. Or find a cheaper cylinder since these don’t seem to last very long. View attachment 1771639610527.jpeg

Replies10
  1. #1crane operator2026-02-20 21:45

    How about a picture of the whole cylinder, showing the ends, and maybe some more measurements? Length expanded and collapsed, dia of barrel and rod? (sorry I just saw the extra attached picture which gives full length) There's certainly something out there, and they may not even be making the cylinders themselves, but just putting their name on it. Is it air extend and spring return? or just "gravity" return?

  2. #2LN Pipeline2026-02-20 21:49

    The first picture is in the .jpeg text. Not sure why it didn’t show as a picture. Yeah, I’m sure they just put their sticker on it. McMaster Carr and Grainger have similar cylinders, but their prices didn’t appear of to be any better.

  3. #3crane operator2026-02-20 22:10

    Mc master carr is my usual go to, and just guessing from your pictures, on size etc- $118? If you already have it measured out, posting the dimensions would help....

  4. #4Truck Shop2026-02-20 22:25

    Radwell or Adams.

  5. #5LN Pipeline2026-02-20 22:54

    I think it’s this one, but my stroke appears to be 13 inches, which is not an option. I originally thought I had the $360 one, but looking at it again, I may have the non-cushioned one that is $240. The 14” stroke cylinder would probably work. I guess I was hoping someone else had swapped these out and could give a part number, since they’re pretty common on certain trucks. And they fit pretty tight and I’m not sure if the rebuildable one will fit. Thank you for the suggestions.

  6. #6Tony Wells2026-02-20 23:01

    Might find something at Automation Direct. https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/shopping/catalog/pneumatic_components/pneumatic_air_cylinders?srsltid=AfmBOopZCd7PUmRWWv9kXfOazGPsps4H0gUP2VS4eBgCet4MQ-oBcuEf#start=0&Item_Type_ms=%22Cylinder%22&Stroke_n_ms=%2218in%22

  7. #7Truck Shop2026-02-20 23:13

    The 3113-DXPN is the number that comes up in search. * https://www.radwell.com/Buy/BIMBA/BIMBA/3113-DXPN?msockid=2c45b67675c5675e2a64a065747f66f6

  8. #8LN Pipeline2026-02-20 23:18

    That may be exactly what I’m looking for. I’ll double check the measurements. Thank you

  9. #9HarleyHappy2026-02-21 10:00

    Bimba makes nice cylinders.

  10. #10LN Pipeline2026-03-01 20:29

    Those cylinders were exact replacements if anyone else comes across this.