Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacement track recommendations

Chris Perere ยท 2019-06-05 12:27

I have a Kubota SVL 90. I am trying to figure out what brand the OEM track is for my machine, or a quality replacement. This will be the fourth set of tracks on the machine. The last two sets were aftermarket and have not lasted like they should or perhaps were not matched properly for the application it is being used for. I am open to recommendations and I don't mind paying for a "quality" product. The machine gets used on the dirt and on pavement, also do a lot a curb line crossings, so I need a good multi terrain track. Looking for something I can get about 800 to 1000 hours of use out of. thanks

Replies12
  1. #1skata2019-06-05 17:06

    what aftermarket tracks you been using? and how many hours you get out of them?

  2. #2CM19952019-06-05 20:34

    Now this is something I can chime in on. For years I have purchased aftermarket $1000-1300 a piece tracks for various CTL's I've owned - T190 and T250's. The 2 T250's went through too many aftermarket tracks to count. The best I could get out of set was 500 hrs. Bought a Cat 279D new 3 years ago almost to the date with OEM Bridgestone tracks. It currently has 1230 HRS on the OEM tracks and they have 30% life left. The Bridgestone OEM from my dealer are $1971 a piece plus tax. There is absolutely now doubt where I will buy my next set of rubber for the '16 2798D. I don't know what brand the OEM Kubota tracks are but I've become a Bridgestone rubber track diehard fan.

  3. #3Tags2019-06-05 21:31

    I belive the Kubota tracks are Bridgestones as well. I currently have 1200 and change hours on my 90 and am still running the OEM tracks. There are ALOT of cracks around the cleats now though, so I imagine it's only a matter of time before they start pooping out....CM, what aftermarket track manufacturers have you tried if you don't mind me asking?

  4. #4Zewnten2019-06-05 21:52

    I've had the best luck with Trojan tracks. Good warranty 2 years I believe, the best prices I've found (so if someone knows cheaper but similar quality let me know), and usually free shipping. They held up well for us.

  5. #5CM19952019-06-06 08:34

    I have bought different aftermarket tracks from Rubber Tracks USA, Tractor and Equipment (Komatsu dealer) locally and our Bobcat dealer. We've got a lot of cracks around the cleats on a 279D with original tracks but that's to be expected with 1200 hrs on them. The problem we have with the aftermarket tracks we have used is breaking the wire cords then a T-bone tearing out of the track. When a cord breaks all you do is go ahead and get a replacement and run the broken one until the entire track breaks. IMOP Bridgestone tracks are the only way to go and worth the money.

  6. #6PeterG2019-06-08 11:59

    I bought some new sprockets and tracks from Summit Supply for my Takeuchi TL130 . They have a West Coast location and an East Coast location. Pretty good price and have a good in stock selection. So far, they seem great. Also bought a Takeuchi TB016 mini excavator track from them. Lucky for me, in Seattle they are just 30 minutes away. I always do big wide turns or 3 point turns. Can't remember ever just whipping it around.

  7. #7Tags2019-06-08 17:51

    Friends of mine have bought Camoplast/Solideal tracks and seems like they are having good luck with them, one of the guys I know has several operators of a mini ex and Tak TL140 and they haven't killed me yet but I'm not sure how many hours they've put on em either....

  8. #8CM19952019-06-08 19:33

    Tags I've bought Camoplast and Solideal tracks as well but didn't get 1000 hrs out of them.

  9. #9Mike_IUOE2019-06-08 23:30

    I second the Trojan tracks. I've had good luck with them and they were not that expensive

  10. #10heymccall2019-06-09 06:26

    I run ITR tracks. Bridgestone OEM have been just as hit or miss as some aftermarket. Favorite track was from Avon. I've had Bridgestone tracks broken in half by 600hrs (Bobcat 864H) and I've had them last 2300hrs (Kubota SVL75). OEM Bridgestone on my TL150s averaged 800hrs until broken in half. I typically pull my ITR tracks at over 2k hrs and bald.

  11. #11skata2019-06-09 23:34

    i have around 800 hours on my 06 tl140 with original tracks and they still look pretty good.

  12. #12CM19952019-06-11 08:24

    Here is my experience with Bridgestone tracks - 2019 279D I just took delivery of with a couple of hours on the meter - 2016 279D with 1200 hrs on the clock. These are the original tracks that have been through demo jobs, chert rock and all sorts of other surfaces.