Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacing ** 50HX front hub seal

mik ยท 2011-04-17 00:08

I am attempting to replace the front hub seal on a 4wd ** 50HX , my question is , am i able to replace the seal by removing the outside cover and gaining access from there or do I have to remove the complete assembly from the machine and disassemble the hub from the rear? I have attempted to remove the outside plate that fits over the wheel studs and is retained by two hex screws but it is extremely tight.

Replies8
  1. #1stock2011-04-17 02:52

    What year is the machine??

  2. #2mik2011-04-17 04:31

    It is the series S digger ,early 90s model

  3. #3stock2011-04-17 07:42

    Is that a center line front drive shaft? nearly sure it is .............................give me a while...................

  4. #4stock2011-04-17 09:02

    http://www.joseph.com/PDF/Carraro_Drive_Axle_Main_catalog.pdf some drawings here look at their pg 5 or pg 9 on the PDF or

  5. #5willie592011-04-17 09:31

    Welcome to the forum mik. :usa I started a new thread about your question because it deserved it's own thread and thread title, makes it easier for members in the future to source the info in the thread. Nice find on the drawings Stock, looks like the same axle Case loader/hoes uses. BTW mik, on those socket head cap screws, sometimes it helps to bang on the head of them with a brass drift, and a really handy tool for socket head cap screws is a hand impact tool. http://compare.ebay.com/like/230608...f66a7d0&itemid=230608403275&ff4=263602_324952

  6. #6AussieChris2011-04-17 17:04

    I think the 50HX came with either Carraro or ZF front axles. You might need to identify which one you have. Chris Brisbane Australia.

  7. #7stock2011-04-17 17:11

    off set shaft was ZF

  8. #8mickos2022-05-04 17:27

    Hi, Please see attached photo. I have a MFHX and trying to find what this part is called in the photo to replace the seal or something Its the front 4x4 drive that attaches to the front diff. Its pouring out oil all over the place. There is about 2mm of movement so I assume there must be a bearing in there. But thought there must be a seal there that I can replace to stop the fluid coming out. I bought a workshop manual but I cant find this part. Any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks.