Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacing a hydraulic hose with a larger size hose – yes or no?

swampdog ยท 2019-09-25 22:34

One of the two 1/4 inch ID hoses from the skid steer to the quick attach grapple developed a leak. I went to the supplier today for a new hose. They were out of 1/4" fittings, so they sold me a 3/8" hose, with the correct ends. The rest of the hoses on the grapple are all 1/4" hoses. Can it do any harm to use the larger hose for the one hose connecting to the skid steer? It seems like it would be OK to me, but I don't want to do any damage to anything. Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-09-25 23:04

    For that, it'll be fine. As long as you can properly secure it, no problem .

  2. #2John C.2019-09-26 00:17

    You never have problems going bigger.

  3. #3Vetech632019-09-26 07:44

    Seems I heard the wife say something similar once

  4. #4kshansen2019-09-26 08:20

    Well as long as it wasn't your ex-wife telling you that!

  5. #5DIYDAVE2019-09-26 20:15

    As long as the pressure rating is the same as the replaced one... AND