Greetings, new to the forum and was hoping I could get some assistance. Our mini skid steer developed a bad wobble on the right front wheel this week. We just use it around the homestead. I suspect it needs bearings. I pulled off the entire sprocket, hub and shaft assembly and thought it would be an easy tear down and replace. It was pretty easy to remove the notched shaft nuts and the 12 bolts from both ends of the hub. I put a puller on the sprocket but it won't budge. Any idea how to complete this disassembly and get at the actual bearings on this unit? Any and all assistance appreciated.
Make, model & serial number.
Manufactured by SDLOOL out of China. Model SL380.
If you are talking about removing the sprocket it's likely a taper fit with a keyway. You need to heat the sprocket up quickly with an oxy/fuel torch and pull it off while hot. A hyd. press is the best option but still requires the heat. Might be best to have an experienced shop remove it for you.
Thank you appreciate the assistance.
I agree, lock nuts off. Put in press with a little heat on sprocket and it should pop apart. Nuts may also preload bearing or preload may be shimmed. Chinese machines are often short of grease from new and built to fail. Never heard of a SDLOOL. But a quick search brought up new units for $7000. You could buy 3 of them. Have 1 to use, one as a spare when fixing first and a third for spare parts and still be ahead.
The double sprocket on my wheel motor needed a fair amount of heat and force to pull off. Quick heat is important. I tried with a hand held propane torch and 10 ton puller and it wouldn't budge. Took it to a shop and they used an oxy/fuel torch and hyd. press.
Do you mean $700? $7000 is high for the most common brands.