Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacing Bobcat Case Dain Filter

ptrotter ยท 2014-10-20 15:00

Replacing Bobcat Case Drain Filter I picked up a used 2005 Bobcat T190 and as part of the process of getting it ready to go, I am changing all the filters and as many of the fluids as I can. I was able to change one of the case drain filters easily enough but the other one is a little more difficult. It is directly connected to the hydraulic reservoir tank and I am not sure how to remove it. In addition, it has 2 hoses connected to a T fitting on the input side while the service and parts manuals show only one hose. Since I don't like to try to remove old hoses unless I make sure I can replace them if something breaks, I am a little confused as I can't identify one of the hoses. Has anyone replaced this filter and has anyone run into a situation where the machine does not match the service and parts manuals? I am looking at the manuals that match my serial number so it should match up. Any ideas? Paul

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882014-10-21 17:10

    there were several SN breaks on hyd systems, you may be looking at the wrong hyd diagram the case drain simply unscrews from the fitting :drinkup

  2. #2ptrotter2014-10-22 15:23

    Thanks CrewChief, I do see several variations in the parts manual based on S/N but I am looking at the right one. The only version with a T fitting at that spot is for the SJC controls which I do not have. The thing that confuses me the most, however, is that even the parts manual page with the T connector shows only one hose connecting to the T. If something were to break on the other hose, I have no idea what the part number for that hose is. Weird. I'll just remove the hoses and change the filter and hope I don't break anything! Paul