Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Replacing Fan Belt Case 1845 C

climb.on ยท 2017-02-26 23:42

What's the best method to replace the fan belt on this machine? Looks like I have to remove hydro lines from the pump and remove the pump to get the belt on. Unfortunately I JUST replaced the hydro oil and I hate to loose all the oil of I disconnect the lines on the pump.

Replies2
  1. #1mountainlake2017-02-27 16:54

    Don't know if its the same as a 75xt but just unbolted the pump from the rear of the engine and swung it out of the way with the hoses attached, quite a job to replace the fan belt but the radiator needed a good cleaning anyway. Steve

  2. #2phil3142017-02-27 17:08

    I just replaced the fan belt on mine. All I did was remove the 2 bolts on the pump and pull it back and out of the coupler. Then you can slide the belt around the pully. However, on my machine both the lines going to the pump are run in front (outside) the engine mount, so the pump swings all the way out of the way. Looks like yours runs under the engine mount, but you may still have enough room to pull it back. I've also heard that you can leave the pump in place and undo the 4 coupler bolts. Then slide the coupler back toward the pump. And put the new belt between the pulley and the coupler. This did not work for me when I tried it. The coupler bolts were too long and I couldn't get them out, but my machine is an early one ('89).