I need to replace the flywheel on my 955L. The problem is that the teeth ring is moving on the flywheel. I was hoping I could remove the drive coupler and have room to access the flywheel. However, I was reviewing my book and it said step 1. Remove Engine Does anyone know if in fact I have to remove the engine? If I have to remove the engine I am thinking about trying to weld the ring gear back to the flywheel instead of removing engine.. My thoughts is it may work and if not I will have to pull the engine anyway. Thoughts? Thanks, Eddie
Motor has to come out to fix flywheel. Note: a 40hp tractor will not work and a 50hp tractor will barely work.
Ring gear must be cracked I would try welding it but look to see if you can find a broke place on the ring gear and weld each side of break. if it don't work you ain't out nothing