Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

replacing heater motor on 410c

da'yoop ยท 2012-08-02 19:54

I'm going to be replacing the heater fan motor on my 410c pretty soon and was wondering if it's going to be as difficult as it looks. Does anybody have any tips for me? I can't believe how expensive the new motor is!!!! Must have gold bearings in it or something....lol.

Replies6
  1. #1tuney4432012-08-04 18:22

    You could have gotten it rebuilt for a fraction of what Mother Deere charged you for sure.Anyway,from what I remember about my 510B[same heater setup I believe],it looks like a cake walk but why not just go to your Repair Manual if in doubt?

  2. #2jimg9842012-08-04 18:53

    that sounds like YANKEE!!! advice

  3. #3tuney4432012-08-05 11:05

    Maybe you should go to Michigan and do the R+R for him while singing ''When Johnny comes marching home.''

  4. #4jimg9842012-08-05 13:29

    LOL very good

  5. #5da'yoop2012-08-06 15:23

    I like this idea.....I'll sit back with a cold one and let jimg984 do it. Hell, I'll even give him a beer when he's done

  6. #6da'yoop2012-08-06 15:27

    I haven't bought it yet, just called and got a price. Once I get the old motor out I will start looking for either a replacement or rebuild it. I was just wondering how hard it was going to be to get at.....and I don't have a repair manual.