Replacing Radiator core and top and bottom pan gaskets and bolts in a D7F Cat. SN 94N7111 would appreciate input Thanks
Not real great with radiator repair but does your rad have plastic top and bottom, or is it brass and soldered?
Drop me a PM with your email address. I can send you a copy of the procedure. It's not a difficult one.
Wow I just asked Nige about this ....today lol but I working on a d6h ...Seems someone used grease on seals cause they are swollen and busted..
Using Vaseline or any other mineral-based lubircant on radiator seals is a no-no as you point out. There is another possibility though, if the tractor blew a hose at some point and wasn't really well washed afterwards some oil could have found its way down to lie on the bottom tank of the radiator and turn the seals to mush.