Called my local construction tire retailer. When the long time dealer went out of business, these guys were the only ones left. Found them to be rude, lazy and acting as as if they were doing me a favor by taking my money. is there an online dealer who is reputable, and will not ship me tires that have been sitting around forever? I’m hesitant to deal with Amazon’s third party retailers on this stuff. Thanks
If you search Jpaydirt on Youtube, he was on the hunt for motor grader tires a while back, and also maybe for his haul trucks I think. He also hates buying offshore stuff if he can help it. He came up with Titan Tires and said they were good, and made in the USA also. I believe this is the website to the company but I will let you do the research to be sure: https://www.titan-intl.com/tires/construction
I don't think buying tires online is a bad thing, if you plan on mounting them yourself. If you buy them online, and then want to hire your local tire guy to come mount them, he's going to charge accordingly, and you're going to be last on the list. Some places won't even mount tires that they don't sell. Personally, if I was a tire shop, and you bought some big tires online, and then wanted to pay me to come mount them, I'd tell you to mount them yourself. I'm in the crane business, and if someone wanted to bare rent a crane, and then hire me to come run it, I'll do it if I have absolutely nothing else going on. I've got my own cranes and I make my $$ by renting them out, not running someone else's crane. It would be no different than trying to hire your local dirt contractor, to come and run your backhoe, at a hourly wage for the employee. He's not going to be real interested in that, vs. using his own equipment. But if you're going to mount them yourself, go for the online tires, but I doubt it will be a lot cheaper. My local tire man is usually right in line with online prices, and most of the time cheaper, or the same price plus the mounting cost.
Well, the guy whom I buy tires from normally can't get backhoe tires, so he agreed to mount then for $20 if I was able to get them somewhere else. Solved the problem by removing the front tires and rims from the hoe, and driving them down to the grouchy dealer. Luckily, the installer wasn't as grouchy, and he did them in an hour. Tipped him $10 so he could get something off the roach coach. I'll figure out the rears later. It's obvious the dealer slapped on a couple of junk tires when they put the unit up for sale as the left and the right weren't even matching manufacturers. Chris
I recently used otrtires.com for new tires for my boom lift. No issues other than a bunch of money flying out of my wallet.
12 x 16.5, 12 ply were $197 each, plus $20 per tire for mounting and valve stems. Saved the $130 an hour door to door to have someone come out to my place.
Need to find a real heavy truck/equipment tire guy. Mine doesn't do anything smaller then a 1 ton rig.
I buy all my tires from a local wholesale outfit the tire shop we use quit carrying big tires on hand so they will mount what we bring them so I dont use them till I am in a pinch on big stuff I usually do it myself