I would like to find out if any members can provide CAT injector trim codes for use on CAT 950H?
I believe the trim codes are marked on each injector.
Hi, tks for the reply. I'm using an aftermarket injector and it seems the trim code has to be converted. I'm new at this and would appreciate some help on this. I have changed all injectors without changing the trim codes through my ET, the engine seems ok but not showing it full capacity. Pls assist. Tks
Please explain a bit more what you mean by "the trim code has to be converted". To be honest the Trim Code only gets you the last 0.1% of engine performance. If the engine is performing "OK" but not spectacular then you may need to turn your attention to somewhere other than the injectors to find out the cause of the missing performance.
Let me expand a little on the comment above just in case it is not clear. Putting the correct E-Trim injector codes into an ECM will not turn an "average-performing" engine into one that meets all required performance specifications. If you are expecting that result then I am sorry but you are going to be very disappointed.
I have wondered if someone has decided to try selling upgrade kits on a CD that they claim will add 20% horse power to any Cat engine. Even if it did nothing they could find people to pay big bucks and then brag about the power!
After installing the OEM injectors the engine can work no problem but I noticed that when its idling the engine is not as 'smooth' as the one with the CAT trim codes installed so I was wondering if it could be due to me not inputting the CAT trim codes. What do you all think?
I watched some videos on this and some old threads here that if given the OEM trim codes someone can help obtain the CAT trim codes for input to the engine through CAT ET. I have CAT ET but dont have access to convert the OEM trim codes into CAT trim codes. Anyone can help?
I might not be following this all that well as I had very little experience with the electronic injectors before I retired. I was thinking that "trim codes" were used to make fine adjustments to each injector to get all the injectors in an engine working the same. So I was thinking the injectors were tested at the assembly point and various parameters were measured then a code was assigned that when entered in to ECM of the engine would have all injectors working the same. Don't see how someone could supply a code for an injector without having the equipment to test each individual injector.
The more I think about this: "I'm using an aftermarket injector and it seems the trim code has to be converted." I'm thinking this is something the place that supplied the injectors would be the place to get this information assuming they actually know what they are doing and have the equipment to measure the parameters and know how to assign trim codes.
Care to supply a link.? This........ The injector manufacturer (or reconditioner as appropriate) should be the entity responsible to test and assign a Trim Code to each injector. The Code they assign ought (IMHO) to be based on the Cat system. As they are injectors for a Cat engine that seems logical. Let’s face it you wouldn’t put Cummins Trim Codes on them would you.?
Of course not! But maybe Detroit Diesel codes would work from a V-71 if you don't mind a bit of an oil leak!
WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!! WHAT A MONEY MAKER!! Better than mechanic in a bottle!! You just E mail the horsepower, no shipping needed!!