Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Request for Internal ECM Diagrams (Detroit DDEC3/4/5 & Cummins N14 Celect Plus)

irvin503SV ยท 2025-06-24 22:42

Dear team I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to ask if you could provide internal ECM diagrams for the following models: Detroit DDEC III Detroit DDEC IV Detroit DDEC V Cummins N14 Celect Plus These diagrams would be extremely helpful for diagnostic and reference purposes. Please let me know if there's any procedure to follow or cost involved in obtaining them. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Replies4
  1. #1chidog2025-06-25 20:04

    And this is the beauty, of black box electronics. Its all manufacture specific and Top secret, it is not open source. No one outside of where the ECM's are built will have such info, even in some cases they don't. I worked at an outfit that designed the electronics for their products and had the PCB's assembled at some other company. Many of the components they installed were not the correct ones, yes they built them per the correct instructions, but to protect the secrets wrong parts were specified. The correct parts were installed in house. This is all to have us all stuck and have to pay top dollar for the electronic crap. There are some very sharp folks that can reverse engineer most of the circuit boards but, many times the special integrated circuits / mini black boxes/ are special order and not available, or their identification numbers could be removed as well. Making figuring out what they are all most impossible. There are some very sharp folks that I suppose could do it, how much time would it take? The only way you could get the information you ask for is get a job in those correct areas of those companies. Maybe there are other ways, don't know.

  2. #2irvin503SV2025-06-26 15:31

    Thanks for your information and clarification, I was not sure if that information can be available but I wanted to give a try, I work repairing those ecms and that information can be very useful for me anyways that you said make sense to me and I really appreciate you share that with us, thanks

  3. #3Joe H2025-06-26 17:21

    I talked to an engineer at Bosch once about a problem I was having with a fuel injection system, guy said he knew exactly what as wrong but if he told me it would cost him his job. Joe H

  4. #4Truck Shop2025-06-30 17:48

    Causes me to remember the trash D & L Jetronic, then that pile Continuous. Robert was not a nice guy.