Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mitzi engine air compressor issues

Tom Sticpewich · 2025-06-23 15:50

Hello master technicians! I am working on a OLD bus/motorhome with a Mitsubishi engine in it. It is an import without much in the way of identification plates etc. My issue is The air compressor is not building pressure. I've had the supply line off and there is no pressure there, I've pulled the governor off and there is no pressure there either, I have pressurised the whole system with my shop air and there is no leaks. My question is what should I be looking for in regards to the unloader valve and inlet and exhaust valves? Anyone have any previous experience with Mitzi engines and there compressors?. Thank you in advance for any help I get!!!

Replies3
  1. #1litewhat2025-07-02 05:37

    If the compressor isn't building pressure and there's no output at all, I’d definitely inspect the unloader valve — it may be stuck open, preventing the compressor from compressing air.

  2. #2litewhat2025-07-02 05:38

    Also, check the inlet valve to make sure it's sealing properly. If it’s not pulling in air during the intake stroke, you’ll get nothing out.

  3. #3Tom Sticpewich2025-07-02 06:30

    Hello all I resolved the issue, I pulled the head off and found the banjo fitting in the head was FULL of corrosion blocking the delivery hose, cleaned it out and fixed it