Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Resources for Wiring Diagram and Service manual Cat 299D3 EX

mfaubs ยท 2025-09-15 22:20

We purchased a Cat 299D3 EX (B6202826) last year and its been an amazing tool. We have the Operation/Maintenance manual and its good to a point. A couple of issues have come up and I usually have to go searching the interweb for the fix. This works for good cell coverage, but I don't want to be in a bind with the machine in the middle of nowhere. Where can I find a wiring diagram and troubleshooting material for our machine? I have searched this forum and see images like #1, the web #2 and a couple of cat publications for download (M0104291-75). Do these images exist anywhere for free or pay and if so where is the best place to get them? A PDF would be preferred, that way I can print one out for the shop and put the other one on my tablet. Thank you so much for the forum and everyone who contributes. Hoping to do the same as time goes on. #1 #2 (For ERS but would be a game changer for the 299D3)

Replies9
  1. #1Nige2025-09-16 05:58

    I'll send you one. The Publication reference is M0166859. Check your message inbox. For that you will need a Service Manual. However your machine model is so new that it doesn't appear as though there is one available yet. For price comparison purposes however, the Service Manual for a 299D Series 2 lists at over $1100 in paper form and $800 in pdf on a CD. If you have any specific Codes or Events that you need help on then please post them up.

  2. #2mfaubs2025-09-16 08:43

    Thank you @Nige ! Good to know that there was a reason I was not finding the Service manual yet, I thought I was looking in the wrong places. I will post specific codes when I get them on the forum after searching for previous posts. So far the only things we have hit are a 350-3 (turned out to be the 10A fuse at F8) and a hydraulic lock out which I strongly suspect is the door switch. As previously stated, the forum has been very useful.

  3. #3buck192026-07-25 20:40

    Hello @Nige We have the same machine 2021 CAT 299D3. Would you please forward the manuals to us for this machine?

  4. #4Simon C2026-07-25 23:14

    Need to post your Serial number as there is multiple schematics for 299D3 machines. Simon C

  5. #5Deimos2026-07-26 01:53

    We may be able to provide you with a complete, professional dealer repair and diagnostics manual for half the price of a Caterpillar one. The service manual is in PDF format and can be printed into several volumes (Disassembly and Assembly, System Operation, Testing and Adjustment, Specification, and Troubleshooting). This will cover all machine systems, including the engine, transmission, electronics, and more.

  6. #6buck192026-07-26 13:48

    @Nige DY905324

  7. #7Nige2026-07-26 14:24

    Check your message inbox for an electrical schematic. I don't have access to manuals. Contact @Deimos for genuine OEM Manuals for Operation & Maintenance, Parts, or Service.

  8. #8buck192026-07-26 15:13

    DY905324

  9. #9Nige2026-07-27 05:15

    There are three manuals for your machine. Below are OEM prices for pdf-based manuals. M0091175 - Operation & Maintenance - $119 M0087543 - Parts - $124 The Service Manual (which includes the O&M) does not appear to be on sale yet, but based on prices for other 299D3 models of a similar age I would estimate it retails for about $900.