Thanks for the memories & awesome work bro ! Retired Marshal Matt Dillon summing it up short … Cant count how many times we ran in to some kind of trouble on a job site & asked myself … " What would Burt do ? "
One of kind Burt was in Hollywood. My favorite all time movie is of course Smokey and the Bandit. RIP
Ironically, his last movie, filmed right here in Knoxville, is titled "The Last Movie Star". RIP Burt, we'll never forget your laugh.
Must be a bitch getting a size 68 extra fat and a 12 dwarf. Priceless.
I have a fondness for Stroker Ace. When the motor starts knocking and he asks Lugs Harvey if there are any tools missing and says the motor is making a knocking sound. Lugs says “Stroker that motor is perfect, you have my word” Well we all know it blows. Last thing Stroker says.... “Hey Lugs, about you word, it ain’t worth ****!” Couldn’t have cast Smokey and the Bandit better. Burt, Jerry, Jackie, Sally. “There is no way, no way you could come from my loins. The first thing I do when I get home is punch your momma in the mouth!” “He sure had a lot of friends daddy.” “If they’d have cremated the som bit*h I’d be kickin that bandits ***!” Don’t make movies or actors like they used to.....
The scene with Burt and Sally where he tells her intelligence is measured by the geographical area you are in - true words of wisdom.
What’s my name? “Frog. Cause you’re cute like a frog and I’d kinda like to jump ya.”
Still my favorite scene in the movie. Nobody, and I mean nobody but Jackie Gleason could do this. He was the master.
7 against 12 …. You guys better go back to Houston & get some more guy's . We may be in trouble ? We are definitely in trouble !
No idea how they were able to keep a strait face on that line .
I could be wrong TD, but I doubt Burt did it first take with his propensity to laugh.
You chasin' somebody or somebody chasin' you? Ain't nobody chasin' me boy!
Smokey and the Bandit is on Amazon Prime Video streaming right now. We watched it last night in memory of Burt. My daughter is a sophomore in High School and she even enjoyed it. Big trucks, fast cars, pretty girls, bootlegging and running from the cops. I kept expecting to see a old ford with a blower poking through the hood to come screeching around one of the corners, but td25 disappointed me and never showed up. Everyone should have a car with a flaming chicken on the hood.
RIP Burt.... The best of the best!!!!
That's the first film I can remember where they ran the blooper out takes at the end .
I'm in the 3rd film of the " White Lighting " series . Still trying to get the producers to approve the script . Storyline …. It's 2018 and an aging Gator McKlusky comes out of retirement to run "blocker car " for some fellers moving oversize equipment . Will be action packed with plenty chase scenes using trucks & equipment and an old 4 door Ford sedan . Come to think of it we need a good crane operator on this set .
I’ll drive the haul truck.....or run blocker
About the only good part of that movie. Can't believe they made a third... I could watch the first one continuously, but the others were pretty bad. He seemed so young in the first Bandit movie. Hard to believe he was 43. I think he won an Academy Award for Boogie Nights. He could definitely pull off a serious role when needed.
Pretty good documentary on Burt & Hal Needham . Well worth the view if a fan ! Fast forward though the commercials . Burt mentioned the Smokey And The Bandit series were made for the people and not the film critics .
Bo Hopkins on " White Lightning " .
A lot of my child hood was spent watching smokey and the bandit 1 and 2 I didn't like the 3rd. I like the w9 and the general they used from 1 and 2. Kind of like the pete Jerry drove in the 3rd. My love for for semis came from watching smokey and the bandit.
Smokey and the Bandit 3 was flat out horrible. Was Burt even in that one? The first was simply a classic though. That truck sparked my love of the W900A's.
Fast cars & trucks ! Why wouldn't a young feller watching those films not want to get in this line of work ? Thanks Burt !
If I'm not mistaken it was just Jerry, But Burt did do a thing at the end of the film where he was in the car talking to Bufrod T. Justice.
Jpaydirt did a tribute youtube for Burt. Anyone who follows Jeff knows that he LOVES his Kenny's Decent vid.
I went to the theater and saw it for the first time on the big screen. Was cool amc theaters ran it as a tribute. Any one see the error in the opening scene?
Of Smokey and the Bandit? Its when he stomps on the brake pedal at the rail crossing. That shot was mirrored because the pedals are backwards. Thought I was the only one to pick up on that.
Ya that’s the one. You get the prize