Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

For any of the loggers that worked in Wakeman Sound in the early 70’s

Janice Lang ยท 2018-05-21 01:24

Hi there, My dad's name was Gordie Lang aka (Trapper). We lived in Wakeman Sound logging camp in the early to mid 70's. I remember the smell of the cook shack (yummy) and the trailer that we lived in just up from the water. I also remember the Crummy crew trucks, Grizzly Bears at the dump and humpy-salmon swimming up the river. Great childhood memories. Anyways, My dad has passed away and I wondered if anyone out there was in Wakeman during the time he was working there? or if by some miracle, someone might have a pic of Dad or even the camp back then? Thanks, Janice

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-05-23 08:07

    Welcome to HEF Janice ! Your post will not get many, if any reply's because this forum is for comments / notifications of our deceased members. Hopefully one of the mods will move this thread to the Forestry Operations Forum and delete my reply.

  2. #2Janice Lang2018-05-23 10:48

    Thanks

  3. #3digger242j2018-05-23 21:24

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums, Janice. Please accept our condolences on your dad's passing. Tinkerer is right, but since you've already posted a thread in the Forestry section, I'll just close this one. If anyone can help Janice out, replies can be made here: HeavyEquipmentForums