Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Restoring AC HD6

Rusticwoodcraft ยท 2012-01-08 05:58

Have Allis Chalmers HD6 that has seen a lot of rough work on a rocky mountain. Has not run for 20 years, but has been stored inside in barn. I have a few projects that I wish to accomplish before retiring the machine and wonder what steps I should take to get it moving again. Engine was rebuilt a few years before I parked it and I drove the dozer into the barn. Undercarraige is beat up but I don't have that much to do and I am not concerned about cosmetics. Thoughts? Resources? Location is Hudson Valley near New Paltz, New York 12561

Replies2
  1. #1War Eagle2012-02-29 08:58

    I tell you, my Dad had 2 of those back in the 70's......a very good and reliable tractor. If you're talking about some small work personal work......check / change the fluids & FILTERS.....and fire her up. The tractor itself is very simple (as compered to the "high tech" you find today. Good luck with her....sounds like it could be alot of fun.

  2. #2Rusticwoodcraft2012-02-29 11:59

    War Eagle -- it is a really small world!! Thanks for the reply. I have (used to have) family in Buras which was our family home on my mother's side. Several years ago I visited my Aunt who was then well into her 90's. Still driving her full size Chevy pickup! Standing on the levee looked at water that was higher than her house was a very strange thing for a Yankee. Will post to the forum in a few months when we have a chance to get the AC running. Best